To download our Volunteer Handbook, click here.
A VOLUNTEER means a person who freely chooses and renders services to Concho Valley PAWS in a voluntary capacity. VOLUNTEER CAPACITY means the actions of and the duties performed by a volunteer are not contracted for payment by Concho Valley PAWS.
1. I fully understand and agree to provide my services to the Concho Valley PAWS as a VOLUNTEER in a VOLUNTEER CAPACITY without any express or implied promise of salary, commission, or payment of any kind whatsoever.
2. I fully understand that Concho Valley PAWS handles large numbers of animals of unknown temperament on a daily basis. I agree to hold Concho Valley PAWS harmless of any injury(s) or disease(s), which I might sustain from handling animals during the course of my volunteer duties.
3. I fully understand and agree to assume all risks involved in any and all duties that I perform for Concho Valley PAWS in my VOLUNTEER capacity whether on-site or off-site. Such duties may consist of, but are not limited to, animal handling, custodial work, kennel staff assistance, or other foreseeable duties.
4. I agree to familiarize myself with the Concho Valley PAWS policies and procedures. I will fully comply with both the letter and the spirit of these procedures.
5. I fully understand that Concho Valley PAWS expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of animals under its care. I agree to strictly adhere to these standards in my voluntary capacity with Concho Valley PAWS.
6. I fully understand and agree that either for failure to fully comply with any and all of the obligations outlined in the VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT, or for any reason whatsoever, while performing my voluntary services to Concho Valley PAWS in a volunteer capacity, Concho Valley PAWS, at its sole discretion, may immediately terminate my services.
I, having fully read and understood the above definitions and terms, hereby agree to accept a position with Concho Valley PAWS in a VOLUNTARY CAPACITY as a VOLUNTEER performing volunteer duties out of generous and charitable motives. I further understand and agree that no liability will be incurred by Concho Valley PAWS to anyone, including myself, for the performance of voluntary actions or duties.
I agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold the Concho Valley PAWS harmless for any and all damage to my personal property while performing as a VOLUNTEER in VOLUNTEER CAPACITY any and all duties for Concho Valley PAWS.
I recognize that handling animals in a VOLUNTARY CAPACITY there is a risk of injury or sickness, including personal injury or harm. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Concho Valley PAWS, its agents, servants and employees from any and all claims, causes of actions or demands, of any nature or cause connected with my VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT. This might include costs and attorney's fees and court costs and attorney's fees incurred by Concho Valley PAWS in connection with my VOLUNTEER services based on damages which may be incurred or sustained by me in any way. Such damages or injuries might include, but are not limited to animal bites, accidents, injuries and personal property damage.
I further understand that public relations are an important part of volunteering. I agree, therefore, on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors to allow Concho Valley PAWS to use any photograph or video recording taken of me for use in public relations efforts. Any photographic images or video tapes I produce will become the property of Concho Valley PAWS. Concho Valley PAWS will use reasonable efforts to notify me but such notification is not a condition of the photographs releases under the auspices of the Concho Valley PAWS.
© Copyright 2017, Concho Valley PAWS